Saturday 11 August 2012

Canton Jones

Canton Jones, born in Deerfield Beach, Florida, is an American Christian musician and Christian hip-hop artist.

Canton Jones began singing at the age of 5 in a vocal group founded by his father. By the age of 16, he was writing and producing songs for friends in his hometown.
He relocated to Atlanta, Georgia where he attended Morehouse College joining the school's renowned Glee Club. The club performed for celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey, Stevie Wonder, Dr. Bobby Jones and Ray Charles, as well as performing at high profile events such as the opening ceremony of the 1996 Olympic Games and at the first gospel concert ever held at the US Pentagon.
Between 1998 and 1999, he joined World Changers Church International, under the pastorship of Creflo & Taffi Dollar and in his own words, grew as a Christian under their stewardship: "My wife, who was my girlfriend at the time, took me to World Changers and I started getting the word. I was going to that church for like three years before I really rededicated my life to Christ. I was there from probably like 1998 or 1999 until 2001 before I really started getting on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment